Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

This being the weekend before the 4th of July many churches are remembering our nation's birth with patriotic hymns and sermons. I encourage you to contemplate how different our lives would be if the Founding Father's hadn't taken a leap of faith and bravely cut ties with England-despite the cost to them personally. (See FootprintsFromTheBible.blogspot.com) for some of my thoughts about how their actions tie to our Christian call.


The past month has been filled with activities with grandchildren, so I don't have any interesting ministry tidbit today. Next week I will be back with something about women's ministries in the Diocese! In the meantime, enjoy your summer and if you have a chance get out and see some of the marvelous natural wonders of our country. In the last month my husband and I have been to the Grand Canyon and to Carlsbad with grandchildren and it is always delightful to see their amazement at the heights and depths of God's creation.