Focusing the DRG Missional Picture 2014
Women of the DRG
Implement ‘virtual’ ways to include women in far-flung parishes in discussions, perhaps including an online study and video of keynote talks at all events to be posted on blog.
Hold events at a variety of locations around the diocese to encourage and empower women to attend and to start to build friendships between women at different parishes.
Discover ways to encourage younger women to participate in women’s events, including offering child care at all events.
WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED SINCE CONVENTION 2012:
· Crazy Quilt Conversations Retreat and brainstorming @ Bosque, Nov. 2012
· Focus group meeting, Feb. 2013 to create Mission Statement and plan events
· Bishop’s Retreat with Women @ SFOTH, El Paso, March 2013
· Body, Mind, Spirit Retreat @ Taos, June 2013
· E-newsletter to communicate upcoming events and items of interest to women
· On-going blog: VarietiesofGifts.blogspot.com, now includes page of retreat leaders per requests
· Building data base of women around the diocese
WHAT DO YOU ANTICIPATE ACCOMPLISHING IN 2014:
Continue to work for greater connections between women and parishes around the Diocese and to encourage women to support and encourage one another in their ministries.“Abide” Fall Retreat @ Bosque, Nov. 8-9, 2013
Lent Retreat with Bishop @ Cathedral, March 2014
Summer Leadership Workshop Event @ Roswell (or online), June/July 2014
Fall Women’s Retreat @ Bosque 2014